click here to learn more about this workshop
5/27/2015 to 5/28/2015
Wednesday and Thursday
9:00 AM until 5:30 PM
Hyatt Regency Reston
1800 Presidents Street
Reston, Virginia 20190
Michael Galvin, PhD, DCEP / Kristin Holthuis, MD, DCEP
ACEP Executive Office
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
|Register Early! Maximum attendance is 50 people|
Save $50 when you register for Level 1 and 2 at the same time. Call 619-861-2237.
|Learn simple, powerful practices to swiftly improve the functioning and well-being of your clients.|
Master an integrative framework that allows you to combine energy work with most conventional psychotherapy modalities.
Develop a specialty niche in the $57 billion complementary and alternative health care market and reduce dependency on low-fee managed care contracts.
By the end of both workshops, you will learn a comprehensive approach to energy psychology interventions, which include working with:
- Energy Pathways - The Meridians and Related Acupoints
- Energy Centers - The Chakras
- Energy Systems - Biofields that envelop the body
This is Level ONE of a two-part series designed to help you understand EP within an overall perspective of sound science, practical application and ethical consideration. You will leave with a comprehensive array of tools that enable you to customize treatment for each client. You will also have a framework that allows you to integrate these tools with most conventional psychotherapy modalities. This workshop also prepares helping professionals wishing to become part of ACEP’s certification program in comprehensive energy psychology.
Level One Overview
- Review the growing body of theory and research supporting energy interventions in psychology
- Learn to use the Six-Step CEP Integrative Model
- Learn multiple approaches to getting information from the body
- Learn to assess and correct system-wide energy interferences that block treatment success
- Learn to assess common objections and blocks to treatment that increase resistance and decrease motivation for change
- Learn basic processes to clear blocks and objections
- Learn basic meridian treatments for trauma, anxiety, pain, depression, addictive urges, negative feeling states such as shame
- Review ethical issues in energy psychology
This workshop provides extensive opportunities for experiential practice.
- List the six steps in a Comprehensive Energy Psychology treatment.
- Name two theories describing possible mechanisms of change in EP.
- Name the three elements that need to be included in an informed consent.
- Demonstrate one method of ideomotor cuing.
- Describe three ways to assess and treat a client's systemic energetic interference.
- Describe two ways of identifying a specific treatment issue.
- Describe a way to assess and treat psychoenergetic reversals blocking healing.
- Name four common psychoenergetic reversals.
- Demonstrate a meridian intervention to treat a target issue.
- List three possible outcomes following a round of treatment.
- Describe two types of homework that a client might be asked to do between sessions.
- List three areas of ethical vulnerability and risk management strategies.
Who should attend these workshops?
Forward-thinking psychologists, therapists, counselors and helping professionals who:
- Want to bring rapid, deep and lasting relief to clients
- Want to be able to treat aspects of PTSD in 6 sessions or less
- Are open-minded, but healthily skeptical
- Understand that the healing relationship is necessary, but not always sufficient for true healing
- Enjoy using active and focused therapeutic approaches such as EMDR, NLP, hypnosis and biofeedback
- Are looking for state-of-the-art therapy using the mind-body connection
- Want to significantly increase the value of their practice by providing a service for which clients are willing to pay out-of-pocket
Michael Galvin, PhD, DCEP is a psychologist, psychology professor and supervisor trained in many traditional therapies as well as EP and EMDR. He is co-author of Energy Psychology and EMDR: Combining Forces to Optimize Treatment. He trains internationally in EP and EMDR.
Kristin Holthuis, MD, DCEP, is a Dutch Family Physician who lives and works in Costa Rica, where she successfully has integrated a variety of Energy Psychology modalities in her heart centered medical practice. Her passion is to teach other professionals in Latin America the power of Energy Psychology.
Hyatt Regency Reston
1800 Presidents Street
Reston, VA. 20190
Rate: Ask for ACEP special room rate of $149/night.
We encourage you to book your room early as a limited number of rooms have been blocked for this event. The special ACEP room rate ends three weeks before the event.
Registration Deadlines and Fees
|Midnight EST||Until April 13, 2015||Apr 14 - May 18, 2015||After May 18, 2015|
|FT Grad Student||$230||$270||$310|
Continuing Education Credits
This workshop provides 12 hours Continuing Education Credits for psychologists, social workers, counselors, marriage and family therapists, nurses and more. CE DETAILS
Due to CE requirements from all major professional organizations including the APA, no CE certificate for the entire workshop can be given if a person selects to leave prematurely unless prior arrangements have been made with the lead trainer.
- More than two weeks prior to workshop - Receive a full refund
- Two weeks prior - Refund minus a cancellation processing fee of $50
- Two days prior - No refunds
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!
If you are not pleased with this workshop after the first day, let your trainer know at the end of the day. We will issue you a full refund!!