click here to learn more about this workshop
6/1/2015 to 6/2/2015
Monday and Tuesday
9:00 AM until 5:30 PM
Hyatt Regency Reston
1800 Presidents Street
Reston, Virginia 20190
Michael Galvin, PhD, DCEP / Kristin Holthuis, MD, DCEP
ACEP Executive Office
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
|Register Early! Maximum attendance is 50 people|
|Learn simple, powerful practices to swiftly improve the functioning and well-being of your clients.|
Master an integrative framework that allows you to combine energy work with most conventional psychotherapy modalities.
Develop a specialty niche in the $57 billion complementary and alternative health care market and reduce dependency on low-fee managed care contracts.
By the end of both workshops, you will learn a comprehensive approach to energy psychology interventions, which include working with:
- Energy Pathways - The Meridians and Related Acupoints
- Energy Centers - The Chakras
- Energy Systems - Biofields that envelop the body
This is Level 2 of a two-part workshop series (Level 1 is a mandatory requirement prior to taking Level 2!)
This training program is designed to help attendees understand EP within an overall perspective of sound science, practical application and ethical consideration. The term "comprehensive” refers to the fact that attendees will have an array of tools that they can use to customize treatment to the specific needs of each client. Furthermore, they will have a framework that allows them to integrate those tools within an overall psychotherapeutic framework. This workshop also prepares helping professionals wishing to become part of ACEP’s Certification Program in Comprehensive Energy Psychology.
Level Two Overview
- Review and Advanced applications of the six-step CEP model.
- Advanced issues in addressing and correcting conscious and subconscious objections.
- Chakras and the Biofield interventions for trauma, anxiety, pain, depression, addictive urges and negative feeling states.
- Advanced interventions using meridian approaches: going beyond algorithms to customized treatment.
- Using CEP for building positive states and performance enhancement.
- Advanced issues in helping clients act with integrity on personal, familial and community levels.
- Advanced issues in selecting treatment modalities custom tailored to each client.
- Advanced issues in ethical practice of Energy Psychology.
This workshop provides extensive opportunities for experiential practice.
- Identify the seven major chakras used most often in chakra-based therapies.
- Demonstrate three alternative methods of ideomotor cuing.
- Describe two additional techniques for treating systemic energetic interference.
- Describe three additional centering exercises.
- Name three additional treatment points for clearing psychoenergetic reversals.
- Describe a method by which to choose the best intervention for a particular target problem.
- Name two noncustomized techniques for treating a target problem using chakras.
- Identify and implement a customized treatment sequence using meridian acupoints.
- Identify and implement a customized treatment sequence using chakras.
- Describe a method of treating an issue using the biofield.
- Describe five dimensions of practitioner self-care.
- Describe three ethical issues unique to energy psychology practice beyond usual cautions in mental health practice.
Who should attend these workshops?
Forward-thinking psychologists, therapists, counselors and helping professionals who:
- Want to bring rapid, deep and lasting relief to clients
- Want to be able to treat aspects of PTSD in 6 sessions or less
- Are open-minded, but healthily skeptical
- Understand that the healing relationship is necessary, but not always sufficient for true healing
- Enjoy using active and focused therapeutic approaches such as EMDR, NLP, hypnosis and biofeedback
- Are looking for state-of-the-art therapy using the mind-body connection
- Want to significantly increase the value of their practice by providing a service for which clients are willing to pay out-of-pocket
Trainer - Michael Galvin, PhD, DCEP is a psychologist, psychology professor and supervisor trained in many traditional therapies as well as EP and EMDR. He is co-author of Energy Psychology and EMDR: Combining Forces to Optimize Treatment. He trains internationally in EP and EMDR.
Trainer - Kristin Holthuis, MD, DCEP, is a Dutch Family Physician who lives and works in Costa Rica, where she successfully has integrated a variety of Energy Psychology modalities in her heart centered medical practice. Her passion is to teach other professionals in Latin America the power of Energy Psychology.
Hyatt Regency Reston
1800 Presidents Street
Reston, VA. 20190
Rate: Ask for ACEP special room rate of $149/night.
We encourage you to book your room early as a limited number of rooms have been blocked for this event. The special ACEP room rate ends three weeks before the event.
Registration Deadlines and Fees
|Midnight EST||Until April 13, 2015||Between Apr 14 - May 18, 2015||After May 18, 2015|
|FT Grad Student||$230||$270||$310|
Continuing Education Credits
This workshop provides 12 hours Continuing Education Credits for psychologists, social workers, counselors, marriage and family therapists, nurses and more. CE DETAILS
Due to CE requirements from all major professional organizations including the APA, no CE certificate for the entire workshop can be given if a person selects to leave prematurely unless prior arrangements have been made with the lead trainer.
- More than two weeks prior to workshop - Receive a full refund
- Two weeks prior - Refund minus a cancellation processing fee of $50
- Two days prior - No refunds
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!
If you are not pleased with this workshop after the first day, let your trainer know at the end of the day. We will issue you a full refund!!