P3. AIT Treatment of Complex PTSD: Energy, Psychodynamics and Neurobiology
PTSD is a heartbreaking reality of human life. This workshop introduces AIT's PTSD treatment: ego strengthening followed by neurobiological, psychological, and spiritual protocols for treating trauma and resistant symptoms. We will learn the PTSD treatment plan and practice the PTSD Transformation Protocol.
- Identify six types of trauma treatment used in AIT to treat PTSD.
- Name five typical symptoms of PTSD.
- Identify four major protocols used in AIT PTSD treatment.
- Name and explain the three steps that comprise 3-Step Transformation.
- Describe the nature of trauma from the AIT perspective.
Asha Clinton, LCSW, PhD, Is the developer of Advanced Integrative Therapy. A former Princeton professor in full-time practice for 33 years, she has created and taught 14 AIT seminars and has headed humanitarian aid projects in Guatemala, New Orleans, and on the Navajo Reservation.
P4. Are Your Clients "Allergic" to Money
Is an "Allergy" to money keeping your clients from their potential? People often unconsciously push money away? When any substance is associated with a trauma, an "allergy" can develop. This experiential workshop teaches you to how identify an allergy to money and how to eliminate it.
- Identify three limiting beliefs that can cause an "allergy " to money.
- Understand the effect of early family history and early trauma on the development of an "allergy" to money.
- Learn four methods of muscle testing.
- Learn three methods for eliminating allergic reactions.
- Learn the five sentences of Ask and Receive.
Sandra Radomski, ND, LCSW, is a social worker and a naturopathic doctor. She taught for 8 years in the medical school at the University of Wisconsin. She is the creator of Allergy Antidotes as well as co-creator of Ask and Receive.
P5. Embodying the Presence: A Day for Healers
This workshop is a day for healers to explore esoteric teachings about who we are and why we are here. Demystifying the concept of the "Presence" you will learn how to raise your own vibration and serve as a stronger conduit of healing energy.
- State the role of the seven Elohim and their relationship to the seven Chakras.
- Name three energetic laws that impact human life.
- Name four typical family-of-origin patterns and resulting beliefs.
- Name the archetype most commonly found in therapists.
- Describe the importance of the vibration of the healer and the healing space.
Mary Sise, LCSW, DCEP, is the past president of ACEP and co-author of The Energy of Belief: Psychology's Power Tools to Focus Intention & Release Blocking Beliefs. She is the Program Director of Her Holiness Sai Maa's Transformational Healers Program.
P6. Integrating EP with Developmental and Attachment Approaches
Attachment theory is the most scientifically, evidence-based developmental theory known in the world, and is a secret we want to share with you. It is a field exploding with fascinating discoveries that point again and again to the need to combine EP with attachment awareness.
- Describe the scientific basis for attachment including modern neuroscientific developments (name the developer and describe how attachment is neurologically present in all mammals).
- List each of the five attachment styles discussed and delineate the main characteristics of each.
- List three dynamics of how not attending to attachment in sessions may harm clients or the relationship with the client.
- List three EP or therapy modalities used to safely access and resolve attachment issues and in what way they particularly address attachment disorders.
- Identify one's own attachment style and attachment issues to address; commence work on it if safe to do so.
Yves Wauthier Freymann is co-director of the Institute for Training in Psychotherapy Therapeutia. A psychotherapist specializing in brief therapy and treatment of posttraumatic stress, Yves is a certified trainer in EFT,
TAT® and REMAP®.
Marion Anne Blique, DCEP, is a trained clinical psychologist. She has used body-mind healing approaches for over 20 years and has clients in the U.S., Canada and France.
Shoshana Garfield, PhD, has worked for decades with deep trauma and delivers EFT and specialist trauma relief training.
P8. Repurposing Your Skills as a Leader TheraCoach
People far too often step into leadership roles that their emotional maturity & psychological skills can’t sustain. ACEP’s first president shows you how to assess and upgrade nine key psychological attributes that appear to distinguish sustainably successful leaders from temporarily successful and unsuccessful ones.
- State 5 main functions of leaders
- Describe 11 psychological traits that successful leaders develop
- Name 4 key procedures that maximize personnel productivity
- List 5 TheraCoaching steps in helping leaders succeed
- State 3 ways TheraCoaching differs from Psychotherapy
Click here for a more detailed overview of this pre conference workshop.
David Gruder, PhD, DCEP ACEP’s co-founder and 1st president, clinical & OD psychologist, and 8-award-winning author, brings the best of psychology to business, the best of entrepreneurship to professionals, and the best of both to governance & social change. He trains leaders worldwide in making integrity & collaboration profitable.
P9. Restoring the Flow of Frozen Energy: Logosynthesis® and the Resolution of Trauma and Fear
Logosynthesis® is a new model and treatment method in psychotherapy and coaching, based on the power of words as an energetic principle of change. This workshop presents a theory introduction and practical exercises and offers a video or live demonstration.
- Describe the three key principles of Logosynthesis as a system for self-coaching and guided change.
- Describe two aspects of Logosynthesis that make it a powerful procedure for spiritual development.
- Name two practical exercises that demonstrate the effect of the power of words in Logosynthesis.
- Apply Logosynthesis on three personal issues (such as fears and disturbing memories).
- Describe three ways to integrate the acquired knowledge of Logosynthesis into an existing worldview.
Willem Lammers, DPsych, TSTA is a Swiss psychotherapist, a supervisor and a consultant to organizations with over 25 years of experience in the field. He trained in transactional analysis, NLP, EMDR and energy psychology. He developed Logosynthesis and teaches this amazing new model around the world.
P10. Synergetic Therapy: A Dynamic Model for Integrating EP into Psychotherapy
This workshop will present a cohesive model, which makes it easy to integrate energy psychology methods with other psychotherapies. You will learn adaptations of various energy psychology methods, which will deepen ongoing psychotherapy, as well as the deep importance of the therapist/patient relationship.
- List five essential components for choosing different modalities for integration.
- Name five EP interventions which can be easily woven into ongoing psychotherapy to deepen the process.
- List five ways one can more easily access the unconscious mind.
- Name two significant ways one can sustain the changes produced by EP interventions.
- Name the three more dominant psychotherapies which can easily assimilate EP methods into the therapeutic process.
Henry Grayson, Ph.D., DCEP Founder, National Institute for the Psychotherapies (NYC), Founder, Association for Spirituality and Psychotherapy, Author of: Use Your Body to Heal Your Mind: Revolutionary Methods to Release all Barriers to Health, Healing and Happiness; Mindful Loving and The New Physics of Love.
P11. Transforming EP into a Comprehensive, Transpersonal Psychotherapy
Drawing from its wider root system in transpersonal psychotherapy can deepen energy psychology. Through theory, practices, case illustrations, and demonstration, participants will see specifically how this transpersonal energy psychology approach can be applied to cases involving anxiety, panic disorder, hypertension, chronic pain, and insomnia.
- List five treatment methods that can be seen to form part of an integrative, transpersonal energy psychotherapy.
- Identify four traditional psychotherapy methods that are part of forming a comprehensive transpersonal energy psychology.
- List five East/West pre-modern traditions that form the historical root system from which energy psychology traditions based in transpersonal psychotherapy may draw.
- Name one type of breathing from Qigong that helps with hypertension.
- List three ethical issues related to incorporating transpersonal psychology methods into psychotherapy and energy psychotherapy.
Michael Mayer, PhD, psychologist, Qigong/Tai Chi teacher, co-founding faculty member of JFK University’s Transpersonal Psychology Program, and co-founder of a multi-disciplinary medical clinic. He is an award-winning author of twenty transpersonal psychology publications including his two books Bodymind Healing Psychotherapy and Energy Psychology.
P12. Transforming Grief: Integrative Tools to Assist the Client and Practitioner
Move beyond traditional grief counseling to transcend the energy of grief/loss and take home practical techniques to avoid compassion fatigue. This seminar is highly experiential participants will learn integrative techniques for processing unconscious body memories and for working with metaphorical physical illnesses related to grief.
- Name the five phases of the grief cycle.
- Define energetic contagions & transference issues & name at least one technique that can assist the practitioner in maintaining a healthy energetic boundary with clients.
- Name at least three symptoms of Compassion Fatigue.
- Name two meridian-based techniques useful for physical symptoms of grief.
- Name two physical manifestations of unresolved grief.
Sherry O’Brian, LCSW, DCEP, is a psychotherapist who has assisted thousands of individuals within her workshops, groups, and private practice to transform their pain into possibility. She is certified in Comprehensive Energy Psychology; EFT; IET; Advanced Clinical Hypnotherapy; Bereavement Counseling; Psych-K™; and Guided Imagery.
Larry Burk, MD, CEHP specializes in MRI, acupuncture, hypnosis and EFT. He learned EFT in 2002 and completed ACEP certification in 2010. His publications include "EFT for stress-related symptoms after motor vehicle accidents” and a book, Let Magic Happen: Adventures in Healing with a Holistic Radiologist.
Return to the Main Conference (including pre-conference) registration page