ACEP's E-Newsletter • June, 2012
In this Issue:
Connect with us! Join ACEP on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
ACEP Blogs Again
Awards Given at the Conference
ACEP Seeking Research Director
New Research Project: Call for Stories about "Surrogate Tapping”
Results of Our First Member Survey
Upcoming ACEP Wrkshps in CEP and EFT!
ACEP is Soliciting Videos From Members
Pro-rated professional Liability Insurance for Energy Psychology
- CITI Program
- Energy Field Seeking Successes!
(Next Deadline: Sept. 1)
- Claim Your Expertise and Become a Published Writer! (Next Deadline: Sept. 1)
- Advertise to a Targeted EP Audience
- Updating the Research Section on our Website
- Visit ACEP’s Amazon Bookstore!
- Changing Your E-Mail Address?
- ACEP Members Yahoo Group
Welcome to ACEP's New and Improved Monthly Newsletter!
Connect with us in the Social Media-Sphere:
We are increasing our use of social media and would love for you to join us as fellow ambassadors for EP
In addition to breaking news and tips for self care with EP, we will be sending reminders about upcoming workshops for you to share with your friends around the globe. Follow us on Twitter @_ACEP, like our ACEP Facebook group, and come talk about EP on our ACEP LinkedIn group.
Blogging about EP Success:
Along with our social media push, we will also be blogging consistently again. We want to include you in that effort. If you want us to tell your EP success story, email us at email@example.com
Awards at the Conference:
It is always a pleasure to acknowledge the amazing work of EP Practitioners within the ACEP community. The following awards were given out at the annual conference in San Diego earlier this month:
- The Greg Nicosia Visionary Leadership Award - Greg Nicosia was recognized for visioning new realities in EP and stewarding those visions into being.
- Contribution to the Field - David Feinstein was recognized for his outstanding accomplishments in furthering research and theory of EP and bringing EP to the rest of the world.
- Humanitarian - Lori Leyden was recognized for bringing love, light and grace to the world through her humanitarian work in Rwanda.
- Philanthropy - Bert Fellows was recognized for his generosity in giving of his time, resources and spirit to the world of EP.
- Spreading the Word - Chief Iwowarri Berian James of Nigeria and four mental health nurses from Costa Rica (María Eugenia Alfaro Solórzano, Graciela Chavarria Gutierrez, Doris Argüedas Bolaños, and Patricia Solano Mora) were recognized for spreading the light and healing of EP throughout their respective countries.
ACEP Seeking New Research Director:
We are currently seeking a new Research Director at ACEP - someone who can navigate comfortably within an academic/scholarly setting, and provide leadership while we are establishing, researching and legitimizing a new branch of psychology/psychotherapy.
Our ideal candidate would be; 1) a PhD researcher or professor; 2) an accomplished author with peer reviewed publications; 3) have a body of work that may align or be parallel with the interests of this group; 4) have experience mentoring and overseeing research; 5) able to delegate while maintaining timelines; 6) experienced in budgeting funds for a research project; 7) experienced writing grant proposals; 8) able to assist with research design and statistical analysis; and 9) have a sense of Vision and Commitment to the fields of Energy Psychology and Energy Medecine.
This is a volunteer position. What we can offer includes: the opportunity to join and work with a progressive, visionary organization; support for your own ideas and projects; a forum to discuss and explore cutting edge ideas and techniques; a leadership position, which may be a stepping stone to future endeavors; the opportunity to network with other researchers, and to mentor younger ones coming up in the field; and the opportunity to make a real difference in our world.
If you know anyone who may fit these criteria, please have them contact: John Freedom, Chair ACEP Research Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org.
David Feinstein, PhD is heading up a new research project: Call for Stories about "Surrogate Tapping"
As a growing body of research is establishing that EP works quickly and effectively in treating a range of problems, the next question for scientific investigation is "How does it work?"
Various theories based on brain mechanisms and other physiological processes have been put forth in peer-reviewed journals. Is there evidence that more than this is at play? Stories of "surrogate tapping" – healing at a distance – cannot be accounted for by purely mechanical explanations. They provide a glimpse into other dimensions of the healing process.
A research project headed by David Feinstein, Ph.D., is collecting stories of surrogate tapping as a step in establishing the energetic dimension of healing. Do you know of a case where one person used a tapping protocol on him/herself to help another person and the other person seemed to receive distinct benefit in concrete ways? That story is eagerly invited.
Submit your stories to email@example.com.
Results of Our First Member Survey from February, 2012:
Check out the results of our first member survey that covers a range of topics, including what types of EP and non EP approaches members use. CLICK HERE for the results.
Upcoming ACEP Workshops in Comprehensive Energy Psychology (CEP) and Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT):
Spread the word. Tell your friends and colleagues not to miss these highly acclaimed CEU programs – full calendar details are available by CLICKING HERE.
EFT - Professional Skills 1
- Oct 13-14, 2012 - Salt Lake City, UT
- Oct 20-21, 2012 - Raleigh, NC
- Nov 17-18, 2012 - New York City, NY
- Dec 1-2, 2012 - Philadelphia, PA
- Feb 2-3, 2013 - San Antonio, TX
- Mar 9-10, 2013 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- April 20-21, 2013 - Santa Fe, NM
EFT - Professional Skills 3
- Nov 9-11, 2012 - Chicago, IL
Members of the certification program enrolled in EFT College now have priority access to the new EFT tutorial by Gary and Tina Craig that is not yet open to the public. Contact the ACEP office for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Essentials in Comprehensive Energy Psychology (CEP): Level One
- July 21-22, 2012 - Chicago, IL
- Oct 20-21, 2012 - Denver, CO
- Oct 27-28, 2012 - Columbus, OH
- Nov 10-11, 2012 - Tampa, FL
- Dec 1-2, 2012 - Fort Worth, TX
- Feb 23-24, 2013 - Birmingham, AL
- Mar 9-10, 2013 - Bethesda, MD
Essentials in Comprehensive Energy Psychology (CEP): Level Two
- June 30-July 1, 2012 - New York, NY
- July 14-15, 2012 - Boston, MA
- Oct 20-21, 2012 - Chicago, IL
- Jan 12-13, 2013 - Columbus, OH
- Jan 12-13, 2013 - Denver, CO
- Feb 9-10, 2013 - Tampa, FL
- Mar 16-17, 2013 - Ft. Worth, TX
- Apr 13-14, 2013 - Birmingham, AL
ACEP is Soliciting Videos from Members:
We're in the process of expanding the range of videos on our YouTube site and are looking to our members for high quality content.
The purpose of the ACEP YouTube site and, therefore, of the videos is to further the acceptance, understanding and integration of Energy Psychology by:
- Sharing compelling human stories and testimonials
- Teaching EP methods and best practices for delivery
- Providing intelligent and respectful conversation to open the minds of skeptics
We also hope these videos inspire new support funding for ongoing clinical research. Videos less than 5 minutes in length will be given highest preference. Longer films will be considered if content is deemed to hold strong value.
Topics to Consider:
- Client interviews, stories and testimonials
- Practitioner experiences, stories and testimonials
- Applications of EP for various emotional, mental and physical health challenges
- EP methods and application demonstrations
Note: Compelling stories will be given highest consideration. It is also ACEP’s intention to represent a wide variety of EP modalities and solutions.
ACEP will be featuring only those videos that demonstrate practitioners working within the scope of practice taught within ACEP’s code of ethics. Films submitted by unlicensed practitioners treating DSM disorders will not be acceptable as featured videos.
Before submitting, please carefully read ACEP's video submission guidelines. CLICK HERE to read the guidelines. To submit your video(s), send a link to Betsy Muller, ACEP Communications Chairman, at email@example.com
NOTE: DO NOT send video files. Only valid web hosted video links will be considered.
Liability Insurance for EP Practitioners - Now Pro-Rated!
We are happy to announce changes to our ACEP Liability Insurance Program for Energy Practitioners that brings more benefits to our subscribers. As of April of this year, we have a new insurance carrier - Philadelphia Insurance Companies. They have been in operation since 1962 and A.M. Best Company has assigned Philadelphia Insurance an A++(Superior) rating. A.M. Best issues financial-strength ratings measuring an insurance company's ability to pay claims.
The good news, for you and us, is that we were able to expand our HTPA Insurance Program to now include Alaska. Another plus is that this is an annual policy that renews every year on April 1st so your premium is pro-rated based on the month you enroll. Coverage renews for a full year each April 1st. What hasn't changed is that coverage for a practitioner that is a member of ACEP is under $12 per month. CLICK HERE FOR THE NEW APPLICATION
2012 brings the opportunity to merge with the energy of expansion. Tune in - focus your preferred energy strategy and expand your cells, expand your thinking, expand your ability to hold and express emotions, expand your business and your ability to serve. Expand your network, expand your life. Tune in again to the oneness of energy colleagues and expand further....
CLICK HERE FOR THE MONTHLY REMINDERS SECTION
follow on Twitter | friend on Facebook | connect on LinkedIn
To unsubscribe from this email list, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with "Unsubscribe from E-News" in the subject line.