CEP and EFT Certification is renewed every two years
To retain your DCEP, CEHP, ACP-EFT or ACAP-EFT certification, you must:
1. Maintain ACEP membership and abide by the ACEP Code of Ethics and
2. Provide documentation of having completed at least 12 hours of ACEP-approved continuing education credits during that two-year period, including 2 units on ethics. Credits may be earned in any of the following ways:
- Presentations given at an ACEP conference, which carry CE credit, count towards this 12-hour requirement. You may attend the conference in person or listen to a conference recording, available through a purchased subscription to the ACEP Audio Library (over 400 titles for the member price of only $69).
- Individual or group post-certification consultation hours with an ACEP-approved certification consultant. Individual or group hours count equally as 1 CE hour.
- Any training for which either the instructor or the sponsoring organization is an approved CE provider with any professional organization, if it serves to: expand or deepen your repertoire of EP methods, upgrade your capacity to assist with specific issues or populations or deal with ethics or risk management
Certification must be renewed by the deadline, but an additional six months will be granted to complete the continuing education requirements. Each credit earned can only be applied to one reporting period. The two-year renewal fee is $95.* You will receive a renewal form, along with an explanation of how to report your CEs.
*Fees may change without notice