ACEP is in the process of revamping its EFT program.
We will not be offering 2 day trainings for the remainder of 2015.
Make sure you register for the ACEP mailing list in the box on the
home page so you will be notified of changes as they occur.
Gold Standard EFT taught in EFT Professional Skills 1
- Will help any professional achieve results with highly functioning clients on a variety of issues
- Will help licensed mental health professionals achieve results with mild to moderate diagnoses and most trauma cases
Why attend EFT Professional Skills 1 (EFT PS1)?
This introductory course gives you the foundational EFT strategies and processes that put you on the path of using the highly effective Gold Standard EFT, as taught and practiced by its Founder, Gary Craig.
- Obtain a solid understanding of EFT basics, including a treatment plan that you can apply to a wide variety of cases
- Learn our effective approach for clearing emotional impact from originating events
- Combine the basic tools with accessory approaches including symptom management, minimizing emotional pain and client homework
- Engage in supervised practice sessions and specific activities designed to facilitate the skills you need to start using EFT immediately with your clients
- Discover how to avoid the common mistakes and pitfalls that undermine effective EFT practice
- Become effective at introducing EFT to your clients so they feel comfortable using this new modality in your sessions
With an energizing, interactive format, this workshop is designed to accommodate all learning styles so that you can integrate the material effectively.
This two-day workshop serves as the gateway to the ACEP EFT Certification Program, but can also be taken as a stand-alone training.
12 CEs are available for psychologists, social workers, marriage and family therapists, professional counselors, drug counselors and nurses.
Who should attend?
Forward-thinking psychologists, social workers, therapists, counselors, coaches, health and allied helping professionals who
- Are looking for state-of-the-art therapy using the mind-body connection
- Want more effective tools to bring rapid, deep and lasting relief to clients
- Want to treat aspects of PTSD in 6 sessions or less
- Understand that the therapeutic relationship is necessary, but not always sufficient for true healing
- Enjoy using active and focused therapeutic approaches with their clients
- Want to significantly increase the value of their practice by providing a service for which clients are willing to pay out-of-pocket
What professionals are saying
the program! I value the learning and the interaction with all
participants. I recommend it highly to anyone who wants to make a
difference in the world.”
Sheran Mattson, PsyD
"This is a great way to enhance cognitive behavioral therapy and move clients to a place where they have confidence.”
Joyce Willis, MC, LPC at The Meadows
"Wow. My dearest friend Cathy Slaght and I attended the Tampa training with Michael. I have attended many different trainings over the years, but have never had the pleasure of such a true professional as Michael. There was not a dry spot in the class. He kept us on task and made sure every detail in the syllabus was covered thoroughly!"
Linda L Wood, LMT/CNA
have attended many previous EFT trainings and I think that this one was
the best in terms of organization, sequencing, instruction and clarity
of answers to questions."
"Simple, effective and efficient techniques. Well organized and taught.”
Stephen McDavid, DO
Read more testimonials
What if I already practice EFT?
Skilled EFT practitioners who took this workshop discovered a deeper understanding of EFT than they had previously learned. The result? They reported a significant improvement in their skills and clinical outcomes.
If you are interested in certification and have trained elsewhere, it is possible to waive steps in this program. We would have to evaluate your skills on video and make a determination from there. Please contact Leslie Primavera at email@example.com if you would like to inquire about waiving steps in the certification program.
Continuing education credit
workshop provides 12 hours of continuing education credits for
psychologists, social workers, marriage and family therapists, drug
counselors and nurses.
The Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology is a nationally approved provider for
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB, 1048)
- National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC, 5868)
- National Association of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC, 368)
EFT PS1 Objectives:
- Identify the nine acupressure tapping points in the EFT Basic Recipe
- Perform the EFT Basic Recipe
- Discuss at least 3 principles in how to choose appropriate Setup and Reminder phrases for each tapping round
- Demonstrate Tabletops/Table Legs metaphor to deconstruct a presenting issue
- Demonstrate the Tell the Story Technique to a specific event
- Identify individual "Aspects” within a specific traumatic event
- List three common questions to find relevant events in a client’s history
- List at least 3 reasons why working with specific events is preferable to working with global here and now symptoms
- Apply the EFT Basic Recipe for symptom management
- Assign appropriate EFT homework for clients
- Describe the 8 steps to the Constricted Breathing Technique
- Discuss at least 3 principles about how to Introduce EFT to new client
The Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
ACEP is an NBCC Approved Continuing Education Provider and may offer NBCC approved clock hours for events (or programs) that meet NBCC requirements. Sessions (or programs) for which NBCC approved clock hours will be awarded are identified in the program ) or in the catalogue or Website). ACEP is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
ACEP (ASWB, 1048) is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) Program. ACEP maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: (2/28/13-2/28/16). Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits. Social workers participating in this course will receive 12 continuing education clock hours.
Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology is an approved provider of continuing education (PCE2536) for the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) for California LMFTs and LCSWs. Presentations designated for CE meet the qualifications for CE credit for MFTs and LCSWs as required by the BBS.
Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology is an approved provider for the California Board of Registered Nursing (Provider #14626).
Learn more about earning your CE hours through ACEP
Call Leslie at 619-861-2237 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org